Senior Development Accountant
Jamboree Housing Corporation, an affordable housing developer with supportive residential services, is looking for a Senior Development Accountant. Jamboree is a mission driven non-profit that aims to improve the quality of lives for both our residents and the larger communities we serve.
Title: Senior Development Accountant Status: Full Time, Exempt
Primary Objective of Position:
The Senior Development Accountant (SDA) is responsible for the maintenance and control of project construction accounting books and for preparation of construction draws, including predevelopment draws funded internally and externally. The SDA will prepare the monthly and quarterly reports for partnership investors and lenders. The SDA will coordinate audits and tax returns for partnerships and non profit organizations.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Coordinate the set up of the draw template for use through the predevelopment and construction period.
- Prepare draws monthly, coordinate approval process, submit draws to lenders, track draws until funded and initiate wire transfer payments.
- Provide development staff with analyses of accounts, payments to vendors, and other financial information as requested.
- Assist with loan closings and conversions.
- For partnerships: book year end closing entries or work with property management on closing entries, provide auditors with all requested items, review draft audits, route audits for approval, distribute final audits, book audit entries or work with property management on posting audit entries, calculate cash distributions and coordinate payments. Route tax returns for approval.
- For nonprofits: prepare schedules for auditors, coordinate fieldwork, review draft audit.
- Back up for payroll processing
- Other duties as assigned
Level of Education, Experience and Skill Set:
- Proficient in: Intacct, Excel, Word, Outlook, Internet
- Skilled at performing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Analytical and detail-oriented; strong organizational and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA required
- 4 years experience
- Audit coordination and construction draw experience is required
- CA drivers license and current automobile insurance
- Some use of personal vehicle
The SDA is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, twist, lean, move from one location to another and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close and far vision. Ability to, operate a computer keyboard, and lift files and reports. Exposure to glare from a computer.
Reasonable accommotions may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift 25 lbs and travel via automobile and/or plane 10%.
The work environment will usually be in a professional office setting, with possible shared workspace. The noise level is usually quiet to moderate. When traveling the environment will change dependent upon the site visiting.