We’re looking for dedicated team members to join Orange County’s largest nonprofit developer of high quality affordable housing and services that transform lives and strengthen communities.
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm
Primary Objective of Position:
The Office Assistant position provides a wide variety of skilled administrative and clerical support for the Company.
Major Areas of Accountability:
▪ Provides some administrative support to the Executive Assistant/Office Manager as needed
▪ Serves as back up for the Executive Assistant in supporting the Executive Leadership Team as needed
▪ Serves as back up for reception duties by receiving phone calls and visitors and directing them to the appropriate staff. Answers routine requests for information on affordable housing and shares information on properties and community programs; processes mail
▪ Operates and helps maintain standard office equipment such as copiers, Starbucks machine(s), fax and postage machines
▪ Scans and images documents into document retrieval system (audits, tax returns, misc)
▪ Responsible for cleanliness and maintenance of lobby, company break rooms, copy rooms, and conference rooms. Back up for posting, digital and print, daily conference room calendars.
▪ Responsible for cleanliness of kitchens and re-stocking of kitchen supplies ▪ Schedule meeting requests and place catering orders as needed
▪ Responsible for meeting preparation and set up as needed
▪ Responsible for service of company van as needed
▪ Runs out of office errands as needed (i.e. post office and company van service)
▪ Records holiday phone greetings on automated phone system
▪ Maintains mailing lists on Outlook and circulates internally annually
▪ Other duties as assigned
Level of Education, Experience and Skill Set:
▪ Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills
▪ Ability to multi-task, organize, prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
▪ Proficient knowledge of all programs included in Microsoft Office 2013, especially Outlook
▪ Proficient knowledge of the Internet for research and work assignments
▪ Ability to detect errors and focus on details
▪ Experience of general office administrative and clerical procedures
▪ Possess a professional level of written and verbal communication skills with front office appearance and demeanor
▪ Associates / Bachelor’s degree preferred
The Office Assistant is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, twist, lean, move from one location to another and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close and far vision. Ability to, operate a computer keyboard, and lift files and reports. Exposure to glare from a computer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift 25 lbs and travel via automobile 25%.
The work environment will usually be in a professional office setting, with possible shared workspace. The noise level is usually quiet to moderate. When traveling the environment will change dependent upon the site visiting