Vice President, Business Development
We’re looking for dedicated team members to join Orange County’s largest nonprofit developer of high quality affordable housing and services that transform lives and strengthen communities.
Title: Vice President, Business Development
Reports to: CDO
Location: Irvine (preferred) or Sacramento California
The Vice President, Business Development is responsible for increasing Jamboree’s market position statewide, by locating, negotiating, and securing new affordable housing opportunities. This includes primary responsibility for developing and implementing an innovative and comprehensive business development strategy. Reporting to the President and CEO, and serving as a member of Jamboree’s Executive Leadership team, this person oversees the business development function for the corporation, managing the business development team.
Major Areas of Accountability:
• Review, refine and implement a state-wide Business Development strategy.
• Manage the Business Development team and coordinate with other Jamboree staff, including Development, Communications and Executives
• Lead the Team in identifying acquisition opportunities.
• Direct line responsibility for the creation of project pipeline and progression of these projects.
• Review the feasibility analysis of new development projects including identifying funding options, examining risks and estimating partners' needs and goals.
• Track industry news and trends and identify opportunities by attending conferences and related events, subscribing to relevant publications, and reviewing announcements.
• Build relationships with partners or potential partners, discovering and exploring business opportunities.
• Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options and resolving internal priorities.
• Manage Strategic Partner relationships.
• Close new business deals by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
• Manage transition of new projects from Business Development to the Development Team.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
▪ Well organized, detail oriented, and excellent analytical skills; proficiency in sophisticated financial analysis using Excel, project management software, and word processing software such as Microsoft Word.
▪ Innovative leader and experienced people manager with the ability to motivate high-performing teams
▪ Skilled at performing multiple tasks simultaneously.
▪ Professional demeanor.
▪ Good presentation skills; excellent oral and written communication skills.
▪ Able to work effectively with community groups, including clients with diverse economic and educational backgrounds.
▪ An entrepreneurial and creative approach to problem-solving in the field of affordable housing and community development.
▪ Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
▪ Master’s Degree preferred.
▪ Eight years’ experience in affordable housing development, business, finance, urban planning or a related field, preferably for a non-profit, government agency or private financial institution.
▪ Demonstrated experience with public and private affordable housing funding resources and subsidy programs, including low income housing tax credit (LIHTC) program, tax exempted bonds, and syndication process; ability to creatively combine financing tools to leverage housing funds.
▪ Valid California driver’s license and availability of an insured vehicle to travel within the California service area. ▪ Job includes some evening and weekend hours.
The VP, Business Development is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, twist, lean, move from one location to another and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close and far vision. Ability to operate a computer keyboard, and lift files and reports. Exposure to glare from a computer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift 25 lbs and travel via automobile and/or plane up to 75% of the business week.
The work environment will usually be in a professional office setting, with possible shared workspace. The noise level is usually quiet to moderate. When traveling the environment will change dependent upon the site visiting.