Asset Coordinator II
We’re looking for dedicated team members to join Orange County’s largest nonprofit developer of high quality affordable housing and services that transform lives and strengthen communities.
Title: Asset Coordinator II
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Location: Irvine, CA
Primary Objective of Position:
The Asset Coordinator II works under the direction of the Senior Asset Manager to act as the company liaison with property management agents, lenders, and community partners in order to assist with setting specific objectives and goals and coordinating these goals to ensure that the mission of Jamboree is met. The Asset Coordinator II must have the disposition to complete all internal and external reporting requirements in an accurate and timely manner. In addition, the Asset Coordinator II assists the Asset Management department with administrative duties, and other projects as assigned.
Major Areas of Accountability:
• Prepare routine compliance reports.
• Prepare annual property tax exemptions.
• Provide analyses and recommendations of assets identified as watch list.
• Assist with the workouts of watch list properties and ensures implementation of proposed resolutions.
• File DBAs and other corporate filings as needed.
• Prepare clearance certificates for corporate entities for county assessor and State BOE.
• Perform site inspections, complete reports and follow up with property management.
• Collect monthly financial reports, prepare monthly variance analysis and report to manager noted discrepancies.
• Prepare and submit Replacement Reserve requests to lenders.
• Prepare all initial and renewal CHDO applications.
• Attend residents’ meetings in assigned portfolio.
• Ensure the maintenance manual and final construction loan closing binders/documents are received and imaged.
• Image annually insurance coverage for entire portfolio.
• Assist with property conversions from construction to completion in assigned portfolio.
• Perform physical and file inspections of communities and prepare report of findings in assigned portfolio.
• Respond to requests from residents, lenders, investors, agencies and others.
• Other duties as assigned.
Level of Education, Experience and Skill Set:
• Knowledge of computer software, including MS Office platform.
• Must be able to establish priorities and work independently in a proactive manner.
• Must have excellent organizational, time management skills and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must have strong problem-solving skills and provide great attention to detail.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
• 2 years’ experience with low income housing and experience with residential property management preferred.
• Valid California driver’s license, clean DMV record and personal insured vehicle for travel within Jamboree’s service area.
• Job may include occasional evening or weekend work hours.
The Asset Coordinator II is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, twist, lean, move from one location to another and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close and far vision. Ability to, operate a computer keyboard, and lift files and reports. Exposure to glare from a computer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift 25 lbs and travel up to 25 percent of the time.
The work environment will usually be in a professional office setting, with possible shared workspace. The noise level is usually quiet to moderate. When traveling the environment will change dependent upon the site visiting.