Community Services Coordinator
We’re looking for dedicated team members to join Orange County’s largest nonprofit developer of high quality affordable housing and services that transform lives and strengthen communities.Status: Part Time, Non-Exempt
Location: Buena Park, CA
Primary Objective of Position:
The Community Services Coordinator position will provide culturally competent education, outreach, and referrals into mental health/behavioral health services. This position is funded by a two year grant, therefore, employment after this time is not guaranteed.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Advocate for child and family’s needs and best interests by assisting in the identification of service gaps and community resources to meet identified needs.
- Perform mentoring and problem solving as well as offer encouragement.
- Provide referrals/linkages to health/social service agencies/community resources.
- Perform outreach activities at events such as handing out flyers, engaging the public about services, and answering questions about programs.
- Develop and present PowerPoint presentations to community groups.
- Data entry using paper forms and electronic tracking system.
- Increase and sustain community participation.
- Aggressive marketing outreach.
- Organize and maintain a safe, clean community space.
- Complete, manage and maintain all administrative paperwork.
- Post up to date programs, calendars and schedules for residents.
- Develop relationships with residents to encourage their participation in activities that enhance their quality of life.
- Support logistics for all marketing events.
- Must be able to develop partnerships with various providers and facilities throughout Orange County Coordinate all logistical aspects of the program.
- Light travel required
- Other duties as assigned
Level of Education, Experience and Skill Set:
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, organize and meet deadlines Intermediate skill level with MS Office (Excel, Word, Publisher) and Outlook.
- Good communication skills and ability to work independently with limited supervision. Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to interact in a culturally diverse community.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Korean and/or Spanish speaking preferred
The Community Services Coordinator is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, twist, lean, move from one location to another and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close and far vision. Ability to, operate a computer keyboard, and lift files and reports. Exposure to glare from a computer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift 25 lbs and travel via automobile and/or plane 25%.
The work environment will usually be in a recreational room or common area. The noise level is usually moderate but will vary depending on the activity participating in. When traveling the environment will change dependent upon the site visiting.