Development Financial Analyst
We’re looking for dedicated team members to join Orange County’s largest nonprofit developer of high quality affordable housing and services that transform lives and strengthen communities.
Location: Irvine or Sacramento Office
Primary Objective of Position:
The Development Financial Analyst creates and prepares in-depth, sophisticated financial analyses and models for capital
structuring of affordable housing development, acquisition, and refinancing opportunities.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Create and update complex financial analyses and discounted cash flow models using Excel.
- Assist in the feasibility analysis of new development projects including funding options, examining risks and partners' needs and goals.
- Market research and due diligence for new acquisitions.
- Support activities related to the collection, review and presentation of financial analyses.
- Review, reconcile and consolidate project financials, existing financing and regulatory agreements.
- Assist with special projects including, but not limited to: researching new funding sources and contribute to presentations.
- Miscellaneous projects and other assignments within the Business Development group, including the areas of construction, business development, and project management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Level of Education, Experience and Skill Set:
- Proficiency in sophisticated financial modeling using Excel
- Strong communication skills with the ability to creatively consider and structure multiple financing layers.
- Knowledge of Real Estate Finance, and ideally familiarity with affordable housing finance
- Read, analyze, and interpret regulations from a variety of public-sector funding sources
- Exceptional math and analytical skills.
- Enthusiastic self-starter and problem solver willing to take initiative on projects.
- Organized and ability to work in the fast paced and collaborative environment of an industry leader.
- Skilled at performing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Professional demeanor.
- Word processing using Microsoft Word.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Valid California driver’s license and availability of an insured vehicle to travel within the California service area.
The Development Financial Analyst is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, twist, lean, move from one location to another and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close and far vision. Ability to, operate a computer keyboard, and lift files and reports. Exposure to glare from a computer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift 25 lbs and travel via automobile and/or plane 50%.
The work environment will usually be in a professional office setting, with possible shared workspace. The noise level is usually quiet to moderate. When traveling the environment will change dependent upon the site visiting.