Primary Objectives of Position:
Provide support to construction team and field staff. The focus of this role is on organizing and preparing documentation required to support and ensure successful projects. Will be expected to manage several timelines and contracts on different construction projects. The Project Engineer will be communicating and coordinating with project managers, clients, consultants, public officials, field personal, subcontractors, and design team professionals.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Review, understand and interpret project contracts
- Communicate and coordinate with subcontractors
- Provide permit procurement assistance
- Manage the distribution of both plans and documents
- Process RFIs, ASI, SKs
- Prepare and process meeting agenda and minutes and attend weekly meetings
- Process shop drawings and submittals in conjunction with project specifications
- Observe, monitor, track LEED requirements and compliance
- Coordinate site logistics
- Contribute to Team effort by accomplishing tasks identified and/or assigned
- Track permits
- Prepare project log and draw packages for weekly meeting and bank draws
- Maintain library and data base of industry cost-influencing activity and methodology
- Assist construction management in maintaining project production on budget and on schedule
- Perform take-off to quantify bids or change orders
- Expedite closure of the project by securing loose ends, finishing paper work, getting equipment manual and warranties as built turned over to owners
- Coordinate subcontractors as needed
- Provide assistance in implementing processes and procedures, and general administration as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Level of Education, Experience and Skill Set:
- Ability to assume responsibility interface and communicate effectively with others is essential
- Preferred 2 or more years of experience in the construction field
- Knowledge of residential multi-family and/or affordable housing design and construction
- Knowledge of construction terminologies, sequences, blue prints, and project specifications
- Knowledge of section 3, local hire, and prevailing wage processes preferred
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Project; knowledge in Timberline a plus
- Strong organizational abilities with the ability of performing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Understanding of timeliness and attention to detail
- Must be a team player with a strong sense of urgency
- High school degree
- Valid California driver’s license and availability of an insured vehicle to travel within the California service area.
- Position may require some evening and weekend hours.
The Project Engineer is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle, feel, and implement. The employee is also required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb stairs, climb ladders, balance, twist, lean, move from one location to another and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this position include close and far vision, with exposure to glare from a computer and outside site observations. Employee shall have the ability to operate a computer keyboard and traverse construction jobsites. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. and travel via automobile or airplane up to 25% of the time. Ability to work outdoors on uneven terrain and in the heat and cold. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment will usually be in a professional office setting, with possible shared workspace. The noise level is usually quiet to moderate. When traveling or on-site, the environment may change dependent upon potential construction activity taking place and can often be moderately loud.