Resident Services Coordinator
Title: Resident Services Coordinator
Manager: Sr. Manager, Community Impact
Status: Full Time, Hourly
Location: Long Beach/Garden Grove, CA
Primary Objective of Position:
The Resident Services Coordinator will develop and implement programs that will serve children, families and seniors living in our apartment community. Jamboree Housing Corporation is seeking a person to work 40 hours a week or-ganizing educational and socialization activities.
Major Areas of Accountability:
• Assess the needs of the residents via a resident interest survey and personal interviews.
• Plan and direct on-site resident meetings, social activities, and educational programs for children, adults, and sen-iors.
• Identify community resources that will help the residents maintain their housing—such as low-cost health insur-ance, food programs, employment, government entitlements—and assist them with the applications.
• Facilitate and supervise virtual programs.
• Develop a calendar and articles for the monthly community newsletter.
• Maintain, developed and foster positive professional working relationships with property managers, community partners and volunteers.
• Maintain organization of physical space and administrative paperwork.
• Assist the residents in using the on-site computer lab.
• Outreach to community by means of automated calls, flyers and by going door to door.
• Refer residents to such agencies; encouraging and supporting follow through.
• Collect and report data information regarding resident and volunteer programs.
• Provide a safe and nurturing environment for youth between the ages of 6-17.
• Provide homework assistance.
• Implement curriculum that is developmentally appropriate for children of various ages and abilities in the follow-ing categories: Health and Wellness, Art and Crafts, Multiculturalism, Service Learning, Technology, and Perform-ing Arts
• Recruit and supervise volunteers.
• Other duties as assigned.
Level of Education, Experience and Skill Set:
• Excellent communication skills
• Bilingual preferred
• Over 18 years of age
• A.A. Degree; or pursuing a BA degree or equivalent; or equivalent experience low income individuals
• Ability to interact in a culturally diverse community
• Preferably 2 years of youth development experience with youth ages 6-18
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision
• Valid California driver’s license and availability of an insured vehicle
• Job includes some evening and weekend hours and travel throughout California
The Resident Services Coordinator is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, twist, lean, move from one location to another and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close and far vision. Ability to operate a computer keyboard, and lift files and reports. Exposure to glare from a computer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift 25 lbs and travel via automobile 80% and/or plane 10%.
The work environment will usually be in a recreational room or common area. The noise level is usually moderate but will vary depending on the activity participating in