Senior Program Manager, Supportive Services
Primary Objective of Position:
The Senior Program Manager is responsible for the overall management of the supportive housing residents at Jam-boree Properties. This position will oversee activities that promote the residents’ wellbeing and their success in main-taining stable housing. The Senior Program Manager will be responsible for managing staff, programs and overall quality control efforts at various sites within their defined region. This includes close coordination with the Supportive Services Director to ensure residents and the property needs are being met. The responsibilities also include tight co-ordination with Jamboree and outside providers to ensure successful retention in supportive housing. This role will be responsible for building relationships with city partners, nonprofits and volunteers in an effort to leverage additional programs and services to Jamboree Communities.
Major Areas of Accountability:
• Communicate with the Director, Supportive Services regarding any issues and/or needs that need to be ad-dressed.
• Coordinate and collaborate with supportive housing staff, primarily to ensure effective teamwork.
• Work with the Director, Supportive Services to develop the annual goals and objectives for the operation of the Supportive Housing resident.
• Work with business development of design, partnerships, and management of new projects.
• Manage relationship with development team during the life cycle of a project from completing development appli-cations, assisting with the design, construction reviews, and planning of all onsite operations.
• Design and implement new program models.
• Manage relationship with CES and county providers during lease-up.
• Identify new areas of funding for services or development opportunities.
• Manage resident database and outcomes reporting system in coordination with supervisor and clinical support personnel.
• Report on program activities to corporate office, partners and applicable agencies.
• Assist in the delivery of services and strategic planning within the Jamboree’s array of housing programming for homeless and low-income individuals; oversee social services of onsite Permanent Supportive Housing.
• Establish and coordinate policies, procedures, and services across all programs.
• Provide quality assurance and program evaluation, ensuring that programs provided are effective, efficient, and in keeping with the vision and culture of Jamboree.
• Develop and integrate new programs while meeting organizational, grant and funding source objectives and com-pliance requirements.
• Implement evidence-based practices in homeless service delivery, including Critical Time Intervention, Trauma-Informed Care and present a comprehensive framework for Jamboree’s services paradigm for this population.
• Provide supervision to Interns and/or Case Managers as necessary.
• Responsible for the provision of quality services and the oversite of Supportive Service Managers in the region. This includes being a mentor to staff, providing resources to staff, regularly visiting each community and over-sight of monthly administrative paperwork.
• Participate in recruitment and hiring of staff. Responsible for training and staff payroll time keeping.
• Management of a budget for each supervised property and/or program.
• Maintenance of compliance records. Report monthly on regional program activities to corporate office, partners and applicable agencies.
• Maintain good relations with property management, investment partners and regulatory agencies.
• Provides direction/support and guidance advocacy, crisis management and intervention to team members on pro-gress of all cases.
• Assist with intake and orientation of each new tenant.
• Model and teach a solid understanding of systemic and strength‐based practice as evidenced by day‐to‐day inter-actions with residents, staff, and other professionals.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Maintain effective relations with partners and help in the development and assist in the development and man-agement of key strategic partnerships.
• Ability to create and maintain relationships with community partners who can provide services that will meet pro-gram standards.
• Assume responsibility for any outside communication written or verbal, with team members.
• Attend all local service area meetings as assigned.
• Manage coordination of services between community supports, service providers and property management.
• Coordinate meetings with onsite staff, service providers, property management and other representatives to ad-dress tenant issues and to promote communication among support staff.
• Build key relationships with funding sources representing Jamboree mission, vision, and services model.
• Assist the development team in presentations to the community on Jamboree mission, vision, and services.
Level of Education, Experience and Skill Set:
• Two years of experience working with children and families, individuals experiencing homelessness, and individu-als experiencing mental illness.
• B.A. Degree or above in Human Services field, Psychology background a plus or equivalent.
• Familiarity with the Housing First, Harm Reduction and/or Recovery Oriented service models
• Knowledge of the local CoC and CES.
• Knowledge and/or experience (minimum of 3 years) in working with special needs/mentally ill populations.
• Knowledge of computer software, including Excel and Word.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Demonstrated experience overseeing staff.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently.
• Demonstrated ability to work with, and provide services to, persons of all ages, diverse backgrounds and those with Special Needs.
• Ability to rearrange daily schedule as needed.
• Must be able read, write and communicate in English well.
• Valid California driver’s license and availability of an insured vehicle.
• Must be able to travel between sites 50%
• Job includes some evening and weekend hours and travel throughout California.
The Senior Program Manager Supportive Housing is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, twist, lean, move from one location to another and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities re-quired by this job include close and far vision. Ability to, operate a computer keyboard, and lift files and reports. Expo-sure to glare from a computer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to per-form the essential functions. Must be able to lift 25 lbs and travel via automobile 25%.
The work environment will be an office. The noise level is usually quiet to moderate. When traveling the environment will change dependent upon the site visiting