Clinical Services Manager
Primary Objective of Position:
The Clinical Services Manager will develop and implement programs that serve homeless and special needs individuals living in Buena Esperanza. This position will oversee activities that promote the residents’ wellbeing and their success in maintaining stable housing. The Clinical Services Manager will be responsible for managing staff, programs and overall quality control efforts at Buena Esperanza. This role will be responsible for building relationships with city partners, nonprofits and volunteers in an effort to leverage additional programs and services to Jamboree communities.
Major Areas of Accountability:
Regional Management of Services and Compliance Requirements
- Responsible for the provision of quality services and the management of Service Coordinators at assigned sites. This includes being a mentor to staff, providing resources to staff and their sites, and oversight of monthly administrative paperwork.
- Participate in recruitment and hiring of service coordinators. Responsible for training and staff payroll time keeping.
- Ability to create and maintain relationships with community partners who can provide services that will meet program standards.
- Management of a budget for each supervised property.
- Maintain good relations with property management, investment partners and regulatory agencies.
- Provides direction/support and guidance advocacy, crisis management and intervention to team members on progress of all cases.
- Model and teach a solid understanding of systemic and strength‐based practice as evidenced by day‐to‐day interactions with residents, staff, and other professionals.
- Maintain effective relations with partners and help in the development and assist in the development and management of key strategic partnerships.
- Assume responsibility for any outside communication written or verbal, with team members.
- Attend all local service area meetings as assigned.
- Manage coordination of services between community supports, service providers and property management.
- Coordinate bi‐weekly meetings with onsite staff, service providers, property management and other representatives to address tenant issues and to promote communication among support staff.
- Implement data tracking
- Maintain accurate program data and provide reports as requested to Jamboree and other funders
- Oversee documentation and QA for all charts, files and documentation.
- Implement evidence-based practices in homeless service delivery, including Critical Time Intervention, Trauma-Informed Care and present a comprehensive framework for Jamboree’s services paradigm for this population.
- Provide clinical oversite and knowledge in all activities onsite.
- Assist with intake and orientation of each new tenant.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- A strategic thinker who understands the vision and mission of Jamboree - how housing and services can impact communities - and is able to apply it to program implementation
- Needs to be innovative and resourceful: a person who is flexible and creative in designing resident-centric programs as well as deft at finding local opportunities that fit the need.
- A licensed LMFT and LCSW who can utilize clinical knowledge in the provision of services. This position does not actively provide therapy or use licensure.
- A strong mentor who can manage predominantly part-time staff. Someone who can build trust and rapport among teams.
- Someone who is adaptable and comfortable with change of schedule, change in programs, etc.
- Ability to speak in front of groups and build relationships with key partners.
- Willingness to grow as a leader and participate in a team with other Managers.
Level of Education and Experience:
- Two years of experience working wih individual experiencing homelessness, including planning and implementing programs.
- Two years of experience working with the mentality ill population in a community or hosed setting.
- Understanding and commitment to client centered, harm reduction, and housing first models of service delivery.
- Strong conflict resolution and de-escalation skills.
- Master’s degree in Human Services field.
- Licensed mental health professional (i.e., LMFT, LCSW, or equivalent)
- Knowledge of computer software, including Excel and Word.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience overseeing staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work with, and provide services to, persons of all ages, diverse backgrounds and those with Special Needs.
- Must be able read, write and communicate in English well.
- Valid California driver’s license and availability of an insured vehicle.
- Must be able to travel between sites 50% and to the corporate office in Irvine, CA 10%.
The Clinical Services Manager is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, twist, lean, move from one location to another and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close and far vision. Ability to operate a computer keyboard, and lift files and reports. Exposure to glare from a computer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift 25 lbs and travel via automobile 50% and plane 10%.
The work environment will usually be in a professional office setting, with possible shared workspace. The noise level is usually quiet to moderate. When traveling the environment will change dependent upon the site visiting.