Supportive Services Coordinator
Status: Full Time, Hourly
Primary Objective of Position:
The Supportive Services Coordinator will be responsible for implementing and coordinating programs that develop the resident’s capacity to engage in life skills development, coping mechanisms that nurture their well-being, set personal goals and maintain housing stability. The Supportive Services Coordinator will also provide linkage and referral services to residents to increase housing stability.
Major Areas of Accountability:
• Provide supportive services to address issues and barriers that negatively impact progress toward goals
• Maintain responsibility for tenant rosters that show entry-exits for relevant Jamboree property
• Monitor for warning signs of de-compensation and crisis, and responding accordingly.
• Record keeping, documenting and reporting as needed.
• Document resident participation in services and track progress of resident goals.
• Complete monthly newsletters describing the available social and supportive services offered on-site and off-site, including a calendar reflecting the time and location of such services.
• Maintain information regarding the off-site services and programs and provide referrals to such programs when appropriate.
• Provide advocacy, onsite case management services and linkage to residents as needed.
• Complete intake assessment and orientation with new residents.
• Maintain effective relations and coordinate services between community supports, service providers and property management.
• Provide a positive atmosphere for the residents and promote community engagement.
• Provide daily Adult Education groups/workshops onsite to residents.
• Plan and coordinate Health and Wellness events and community building activities yearly.
• Input data into the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) accurately and on a timely basis.
• Provide onsite life skills training and reinforcement to residents.
• Other duties as assigned.
Level of Education, Experience and Skill Set:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; or equivalent experience serving homeless individuals
- Over 21 years of age.
- Experience working with individuals experiencing chronic homelessness and mental health challenges
- Familiarity with the Housing First, Harm Reduction and/or Recovery Oriented service models
- Ability to maintain relationships with other consumers/members while maintaining appropriate boundaries as a staff.
- Ability to interact in a culturally diverse community
- Ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team setting and also independently.
- Knowledge of independent living skills such as cookies, budgeting, housekeeping, being a good neighbor, etc.
- Valid California driver’s license and availability of an insured vehicle.
- Job includes some evening and weekend hours and travel throughout California.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Supportive Services Coordinator is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, twist, lean, move from one location to another and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close and far vision. Ability to operate a computer keyboard, and lift files and reports. Exposure to glare from a computer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
Working with the homeless population whether on the streets, in shelters or other places of habitation or services. Exposure to bed bugs or other infestations, unpleasant smells or odors, unclean individuals or homes due to homelessness or mental health symptoms or poverty. Some work will be in a recreational room or common area. The noise level is usually moderate but will vary depending on the activity participating in.