We’re looking for dedicated team members to join Orange County’s largest nonprofit developer of high quality affordable housing and services that transform lives and strengthen communities.
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Sacramento, CA
Primary Objective of Position:
Responsible for directing all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Coordinates and supervises all construction activities
- Maintains construction schedule, identifies and solves problems
- Schedules inspections as necessary throughout the process
- Prepares, schedules and supervises completion of a final punch list
- Oversees construction and compliance of all building façade improvements, interior renovations
- Maintains positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
- Interact with community groups, residents and business owners in coordination and communication with construction
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately
- Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy
- Maintains a clean and organized job site
- Other duties as assigned
Level of Education, Experience and Skill Set:
- 5 plus years of experience in the construction field
- Knowledge of residential multi-family and/or affordable housing design and construction
- Experience with podium construction
- Knowledge of construction terminologies, sequences, blue prints, and project specifications
- Knowledge of section 3, local hire, and prevailing wage processes
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong organizational abilities with the ability of performing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Understanding of timeliness and attention to detail
- Must be a team player with a strong sense of urgency
- High School Degree
- Valid California driver’s license and availability of an insured vehicle to travel within the California service area.
- Position may require some evening and weekend hours.
The Superintendent is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle, feel, and implement. The employee is also required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb stairs, climb ladders, balance, twist, lean, move from one location to another and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this position include close and far vision, with exposure to glare from a computer and outside site observations. Employee shall have the ability to operate a computer keyboard and traverse construction jobsites. Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. and travel via automobile or airplane up to 100% of the time. Ability to work outdoors on uneven terrain and in the heat and cold. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment will usually be in a professional office setting, with possible shared workspace. The noise level is usually quiet to moderate. When traveling or on-site, the environment may change dependent upon potential construction activity taking place and can often be moderately loud.