Project Manager / Purchasing Manager Multifamily Construction
Jamboree Housing Corporation / Quality Development & Construction Inc., an affordable housing developer with supportive residential services, is looking for a Project Manager. Jamboree is a mission driven non-profit that aims to improve the quality of lives for both our residents and the larger communities we serve. The Project Manager/Purchasing Manager of Construction will perform, manage, maintain, and oversee all procurement, purchasing, processing of, and contracting for multiple construction projects, and types. This person will be expected to develop project budgets and negotiate contracts/bids to acquire necessary resources to ensure project completion.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Manage or generate the distribution of plans, specifications, and various contract documents to vendors or subcontractors.
- Screens, spread, qualify, select, and coordinates the procurement of subcontractors and suppliers.
- Negotiate costs, scope, and deal points of subcontracts.
- Generates periodic progress reports and provides updates to management and clients.
- Oversee construction management in maintaining project production on budget and on schedule
- Manage subcontractors in regards to procurement, submittals, change orders, or purchase orders.
- Assist in implementing processes and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Level of Education, Experience and Skill Set:
- Ability to assume responsibility interface and communicate effectively with others is essential
- 5 or more years of experience in the construction field
- Knowledge of residential multi-family and/or affordable housing design and construction preferred
- Knowledge of construction terminologies, sequences, blue prints, and project specifications
- Knowledge of section 3, local hire, and prevailing wage processes preferred
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Project; knowledge in online project management software a plus
- Strong organizational abilities with the ability of performing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Understanding of timeliness and attention to detail
- Must be a team player with a strong sense of urgency
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Bachelors degree in construction management preferred
- Valid California driver’s license and availability of an insured vehicle to travel within the California service area.
- Position may require some evening and weekend hours.
Please include resume and cover letter when applying