Assistant Project Manager
Jamboree Housing Corporation, an affordable housing developer with supportive residential services, is looking for an Assistant Project Manager. Jamboree is a mission driven non-profit that aims to improve the quality of lives for both our residents and the larger communities we serve.
Title: Assistant Project Manager Status: Full Time Non-Exempt
Primary Objective of Position:
Assist in the coordination of the acquisition, financing, pre-development, construction, rent up and marketing of affordable housing projects for new construction, acquisition and rehabilitation.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Assist Project Managers in the tasks necessary to acquire, finance, determine project feasibility, design, entitlement, construct, and rent up and market new construction and acquisition rehabilitation affordable housing projects.
- Assist in the completion of applications for financing for affordable projects including HOME, AHSC, MHSA, PBV, VASH, VHHP, CDBG, MHP, AHP, TCAC and CDLAC applications.
- Assist in the submission of necessary due diligence items for project, entitlement, financing and real estate acquisition.
- Maintain binders with closing documents for all properties
- Maintain project files, schedules and directories
- Review, update & track development budgets and perform contract administration
- Assist with developing schedule to keep track of application submission dates for the various financing sources as well as the regulatory changes to the various funding sources
- Assist in developing requests for proposals for design/engineering Team members, evaluate proposals & assist in selection process
- Attend Project Management Meetings
- Attend Construction Management Meetings
- Attend community meetings for our projects or affordable housing projects in general as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Level of Education, Experience and Skill Set:
- Well organized, detail oriented, and excellent analytical skills; proficiency in financial analysis using Excel, project management software, and word processing software such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent required
- One or more years of experience in related fields
- Knowledge of some aspects of affordable housing development process
- Knowledge of computer software, including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook, Access
- Skilled at performing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong organizational ability
- Strong written and oral communication ability
- Valid California driver’s license and availability of an insured vehicle to travel within the California service area.
- Job includes some evening and weekend hours.
The Assistant Project Manager is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, twist, lean, move from one location to another and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close and far vision. Ability to, operate a computer keyboard, and lift files and reports. Exposure to glare from a computer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift 25 lbs and travel via automobile and/or plane 25%.
The work environment will usually be in a professional office setting, with possible shared workspace. The noise level is usually quiet to moderate. When traveling the environment will change dependent upon the site visiting.