Senior Project Manager
Jamboree Housing Corporation, an affordable housing developer with supportive residential services, is looking for a Senior Project Manager. Jamboree is a mission driven non-profit that aims to improve the quality of lives for both our residents and the larger communities we serve.
Title: Senior Project Manager Status: Full Time Exempt
Primary Objective of Position:
Responsible for affordable housing projects from site selection and acquisition through predevelopment and construction completion. Spearhead, coordinate and direct the activities of design development team members including: architects, soils and civil engineers, attorneys, and financial investors crucial to the development process. Maintain contact with public and private lenders involved in the transaction to obtain construction and permanent financing. Coordinate pro-forma analysis, develop budgets, application preparation, private and local government loans or grants, and low-income housing tax credits. Review and coordinate plans and specifications with asset management, community, and construction staff. Review construction progress and approve requisitions for payment.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Manage new project development including coordinating financial packaging; securing acquisition, predevelopment, construction and permanent financing; supervising architects, consultants, property managers, contractors and other development team members; monitoring development, construction and lease-up processes.
- Work with the Business Development Director to identify acquisition opportunities, complete development programs, develop project acquisition and funding options, and complete the feasibility analysis of new development projects.
- Work with private and public lenders to secure project financing that includes: negotiating Exclusive Negotiation Agreement, Disposition and Development Agreements/Affordable Housing Agreements with public agencies, developing Request for Proposals for private Debt and Equity investors, analyzing proposed term sheets/commitment letters, negotiating loan terms and Limited Partnership Agreements for the syndication of low-income housing tax credit projects.
Level of Education, Experience and Skill Set:
- Well organized, detail oriented, and excellent analytical skills; proficiency in sophisticated financial analysis using Excel, project management software, and word processing software such as Microsoft Word
- Skilled at performing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong staff training and management skills; enthusiasm and team building spirit
- Good presentation skills; excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with community groups, including clients with diverse economic and educational backgrounds
- An entrepreneurial and creative approach to problem-solving in the field of affordable housing and community development
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Masters Degree preferred
- Six plus years experience in affordable housing development, business, finance, urban planning or a related field, preferably for a non-profit, government agency or private financial institution
- Demonstrated experience with public and private affordable housing funding resources and subsidy programs, including low income housing tax credit program, tax exempted bonds, and syndication process; ability to creatively combine financing tools to leverage housing funds.
- Valid California driver’s license and availability of an insured vehicle to travel within the California service area.
- Job includes some evening and weekend hours.
- Train, work with, and mentor Project Managers, Assistant Project Managers, and Project Coordinators.
- Other duties as assigned
The Senior Project Manager is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, twist, lean, move from one location to another and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close and far vision. Ability to, operate a computer keyboard, and lift files and reports. Exposure to glare from a computer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift 25 lbs and travel via automobile and/or plane 50%.
The work environment will usually be in a professional office setting, with possible shared workspace. The noise level is usually quiet to moderate. When traveling the environment will change dependent upon the site visiting.